Since 2008, Campertrailerfinance.com.au has been finding finance solutions for camper trailer enthusiasts Australia wide. We know how important it is to get you on the road quickly so you can enjoy the fantastic lifestyle experience that your new camper trailer offers.
Campertrailerfinance.com.au prides itself on its expertise in helping clients to take the stress out of arranging their own finance. With years of experience and a keen interest in the leisure industry
Let us help you find the best loan to suit your specific needs.
Camper Trailer Finance
Get access to competitive camper trailer finance rates through Credit One. Our loan specialists can find you the best loan available from a panel of Australia’s most trusted lenders.
Continue reading to learn more about the benefits of financing a camper trailer, factors affecting loan rates and how to apply.
Considerations When Buying A Camper Trailer
When looking to purchase a camper trailer, it can be very confusing. Especially if it’s your first time. So many brands and so many styles and different layouts. Just to throw some in the mix , forward folds, rear folds, hard floors, soft floors & roof tops. And when you add all the accessories, the list is endless.
Before heading out to look at options, you will need to think about:
- How many people need a bed
- Will you buy new or used?
- Where do you want to take it , meaning off grid or to caravan parks
- What do you have to tow with, your vehicle
- Your budget and finance pre-approval if needing or wanting to borrow
Camper Trailer finance is easy , quick and can be approved well before any delivery date. Generally speaking Camper Trailers fit into most people’s budget and if you have a good financial history it should be easy to apply and be successful in getting a loan for your trailer.
In addition to thinking about your loan, you will also want to think about insurance. With regards to camper trailer insurance, it is very important to do some research. There are a number of insurers who will promise you all sorts of benefits to get your hard-earned cash. Do your research and ask lots of questions to find the best option.
Features & Benefits
When purchasing your dream unit you have two options, either finance the asset or pay cash. Ultimately, only you can make the final choice based on your current financial circumstances. But there are a few key considerations for both options.
Borrowing to buy
There are many reasons why you might choose to take out a loan for your camper trailer purchase. With record low rates, money has never been cheaper and borrowing money allows you to keep your cash in the bank for a rainy day.
If you tailor and manage the loan correctly it will cost you minimal interest. And of course, if you don’t have the cash to buy upfront then a loan is going to be your only option.
Obviously when purchasing your camper trailer, you use your own savings. This allows you to avoid paying loan interest which is a major benefit, even if it will be minimal in comparison to years gone by.
You still need to keep your credit rating going especially if you haven’t borrowed in years or if you are just starting out. Then there is always the option to partially fund, keep some in the bank and borrow a portion of the amount needed.
Factors Affecting Interest Rates
If you choose to finance your camper trailer purchase, these are the main factors that will affect the interest rate on your loan:
- The amount you want to borrow
- Your current financial profile
- The age of the unit
- Previous borrowing history
- If you are asset backed
To find out the best rate you can get, speak to a Credit One broker.
There are three types of loans, Secured, Unsecured and Business
- A secured loan is basically a consumer loan (in personal names) where the actual asset, being the caravan camper trailer or motorhome is used as collateral against the loan. Credit One has access to over 40 different financiers who use the asset as security. This type of loan attracts the very best interest rates on the market.
- An unsecured loan is a personal loan. There is no security held against the asset and for that privilege, the interest rate will always be higher. These types of loans are generally for assets that may not fit the normal criteria of a secured loan set by the financiers, an example of that would be the age of the camper trailer.
- If you wish to borrow money to purchase the asset and have it in the business name, this can be done and is a regular form of lending at Credit One. There is specific criteria that need to be met with regards to your business and how long it has been operating for.
Calculating Your Repayments
Before taking out a camper trailer loan, you will want to get an estimate of your regular repayments. The repayments will be determined by the loan amount, interest rate, payment frequency and other factors.
A Credit One finance broker will be able to give you an accurate rate and loan repayment figure number based on your circumstances.
But if you just want to get a quick estimate, you can use our loan repayment calculator. This is perfect if you want to get a rough estimate in just two minutes.
Why Credit One
- Trusted Brand – Over 20+ years, Credit One has developed an excellent reputation throughout Australia. Credit One now has over 850 Google reviews, with an average rating of 5 stars!
- Easy & Fast – We have worked to make our application process and simple as possible for customers. To get the process started, we only need basic details such as name, email and phone number – which you can enter online in less than 60 seconds. From there, a Credit One broker will take care of the hard work to find you the best loan available and get you approved as fast as possible.
- Competitive Rates – With access to over 50+ lenders, Credit One can help you get the best rate available for camper trailer finance. Our brokers will find the best rate available for you based on your personal circumstances. This is something comparison sites just can’t do, as they don’t know your full circumstances.
How To Apply
Applying for camper trailer finance through Credit One is extremely simple. To get started, you can fill out the quick quote form on this page.
Once you have completed this, our team will contact you shortly and guide you through the rest of the loan application process. If you’re not sure whether you would be eligible for camper trailer finance, you should still fill out the form. One of our brokers will quickly be able to assess your situation and let you know if you’re eligible.
Alternatively, you can call us on 07 5583 2620 during business hours. Just let us know that you’re looking for camper trailer finance and the team will be able to assist you.
The process to apply and be approved for a loan is far less stressful than choosing the camper trailer of your dreams. Once you have made the choice, speak with a Credit One broker and depending on your financial profile you may even have same day approval. There is only a minimal amount of effort on your part as all the hard work is done for you.
Once you have been approved you either wait for delivery or if available you can pick up the unit as soon as you’re ready. Either way, you do not start making repayments till you have collected the unit. It is an asset loan with fixed interest for the term. Loan terms can be from 1 – 7 years.
Once you have found your dream caravan you need to sign a contract subject to finance. Then you contact Credit One to make an application.
It is genuinely easy to apply and qualify for an asset loan to purchase your new dream lifestyle choice. Once you have decided to purchase , call to make an application, provide supporting docs and then sit back and wait for your approval. This can be the same day, but generally within a couple of business days.
When discussing caravan finance and the type of loan that will be most suitable, the interest rate will ultimately be determined by your current financial profile, age of the asset and loan amount. Interest rates can vary between 4.89% to 7%.
The short answer is, if you are borrowing money to purchase the unit, insurance is mandatory. However, by law it is not illegal to have your camper un-insured. But you run the risk of not getting your unit repaired or replaced in the event of an insurance related incident.
Camper Trailer insurance costs will depend on a number of things, including, the costs of the unit, the age of the unit, where and how the unit will be stored. One brand from the other will not be a consideration when formulating the policy premium.
You can apply for a camper trailer loan through Credit One, no matter where in Australia you are. We serve all major cities including, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Gold Coast. Even if you’re in a regional part of Australia, that won’t stop you from being able to get a loan.